The membership fee structure is based on a 12 month billing period from July 1 to June 30 of the following year and is subject to change. Membership applications are normally processed each month of the year and the annual fee is not pro-rated.
2023-2024 ILCO Associate Membership Fee: $200.00 + HST = $226.00
Applications, regardless of when submitted are reviewed the last week of the month. Please allow a minimum of 1 week from the month's end. Decisions are provided by email and if approved, an invoice generated.
Before starting this application, please ensure you have electronic copies of the following materials. These documents will be uploaded as part of the application process.
- Certifications for Application as a Member of The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario, mandatory. NOTE: this form is fillable within Adobe or other PDF programs, but may be printed/completed/scanned and uploaded to your portal. Your Lawyer's firm may use electronic signature to sign your 2023/2024 Statutory Declaration.
Resume or Curriculum Vitae indicating your current and past employment duties as a full-time Law Clerk, mandatory, with the following details:
- The name and address of the employer.
- Your official title.
- The name of the lawyer(s) who supervise(s)(d) your work.
- The date you first started working as a law clerk.
- A description of your principal duties.
- A copy of the diploma(s), transcript(s) or grade report(s) listed in this application, if applicable.
NOTE: You will not be able to complete the application process without Items 1 and 2 above.
Online Associate Membership Application
Please note: The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario may audit an application from time to time and reserves the right to request that you send in the original documentation included with this application within 12 months of your online application.