The exam will be completed via an online platform. An email will be sent to each test taker giving them information regarding the exam.
The technical requirements for your exam candidate to take an online exam with a live proctor are found on most computers. No proprietary hardware or software is required. Our process of conducting a system check ensures that the selected computer will work. The minimum set of requirements is identified here and includes the basic requirement for internet access:
1. Photo Identification must be a valid government-issued ID (Driver’s License, Passport). Any exceptions will need to be approved by The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario ("ILCO") prior to your exam.
2. A well-working computer with a minimal 1 GB of RAM. Chromebooks/Tablets are not permitted.
3. A reliable high-speed internet connection (Minimal 4Mbps Download and 2 Mbps upload).
**Note that a wireless internet connection is not recommended. ILCO will not be responsible for disconnection issues due to insufficient bandwidth.
4. Any webcam with 720p (1280×720) video pixel resolution (a laptop camera is acceptable).
5. Only 1 monitor to be used.
6. Working speakers connected to the computer.
7. A microphone connected to the computer (consider a webcam with a built-in microphone).
8. Permission to connect to your computer.
9. Adobe Flash is null effective Dec 2020. Mac and PC's do not use the Flash extension anymore
PC: Latest Chrome version (2022 is version 98). Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser.
Mac: Safari 8+Newer versions work as well as they are constantly upgrading.
Ensure firewalls are disabled. We recommend using a personal computer as a work computer may provide additional security (or contact your IT Dept.).
Clear desk area with no papers, books or notes (unless otherwise stated for the exam to be taken).